Friday, April 23, 2010

Sesame Grilled Eggplant Sandwhich


I love sandwhiches. Here's one I made the other day.

2 slices whole grain bread, toasted
veganaise (confession- I used to detest mayonaise, but now I am a full on lover, thanks to veganaise. Mmmm, creamy, tangy, goodness!)
mustard
1/4 avocado, peeled and sliced very thinly
grilled eggplant slices
red onion, sliced thinly
basil, rolled in a tight roll and sliced thinly diagonally
carrot, shredded
2 slices peppered Tofurky
pepper

I was trying to use up some eggplant so here's what I did:
-peeled and sliced the eggplant into 1/4" slices
-mixed with olive oil, pepper, salt, oregeno in a shallow bowl
-baked in in my toaster oven at 400 for 8-10 minutes, flipping once
-sliced it thinly and mixed it with a splash of seseame oil, agave, soy sauce and rice vinegar

Assemble the sandwhich:
-spread the veganaise and mustard generously
-spread the sliced avocado evenly on the bottom
-add a generous amount of grilled eggplant
-two pieces of tofurky, each folded in half
-then add the grated carrots, onions, basil

YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment