Monday, February 1, 2010

Twice baked potatoes and steamed broccoli


Dinner tonight was simple, with a little extra. Here's how I made this. Not so sure about the picture, but I'll take it for my first post.

Bake your potatoes.

Scoop the inside out of the potatoes and mix using an electric mixer with:
(for 6 small potatoes)
1 tbs earth balance (or other butter alternative)
1/8 cup tofu
1/2 cup spinach
1/8 cup nutritional yeast
2 tbs pesto (blend fresh herbs, olive oil, almonds ,garlic and salt)
salt and pepper

spoon the potatoes back in to their skins and top with gomashio. Which is:
1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
1/2-1 tsp salt
Blend in a food processor.

Put the potatoes back in the oven til warm, and broil if desired. Serve with steamed broccoli.

2 comments:

  1. So this looks delicious! I'm so excited to try your recipes. I'm trying to transition more towards veganism, and these recipes are going to help! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks monet! It's definitely a transition. I took years, and still am becoming "vegan". It's rewarding to allow your body and mind to naturally start craving healthy, whole foods. Yay for blogs :)

    ReplyDelete